This person is part of a team responsible for the development of applications and APIs. Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis. Best practices and design methods will be utilized to ensure the success of the projects. The person will be required to have experience in various design and development technologies such as, but not limited to, C#, WCF, TDD, SQL/RDBMS/ORM
Performance will be measured on the quality of the output, in the projects where the person operates, and the will to learn and take responsibility.
Primary responsibilities for the system developer include:
- Effectively operates as a member in a development team
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality
- Responsible for the development of applications, components and services, in scalable high-performance systems, using C# .NET, SOAP/XML, WCF, JSON
- Responsible for researching, investigating and evaluating new technologies which may benefit the future application(s)
- Responsible for defining and executing developer tests
- Responsible for the design and implementation of back-end storage; relational database server schemas and ORM implementation
- Maintain existing versions of applications and components, and correct defects
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the software
- Demonstrates technical and problem solving skills
- Interpret and if necessary refine requirements
- Produce project estimates during planning, including expertise required, people required, number of development hours required etc.
Secondary responsibilities for the system developer include:
- Willingness and ability to evaluate and adapt new techniques and tools in order to keep the product(s) up to date
- Help, train and learn from colleagues
- Be able to work on their own or in collaboration with team members
- Be able to multi-task
Knowledge and experience required
- Academic education in computer science or corresponding is valued but not a requirement for a junior position.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment
- Good understanding of OOP, TDD and the SOLID principles
- Back-end and some front-end development experience
Technical skills required
- Practical experience in development of .NET C# applications and libraries, services and components.
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some or all of the following: Microsoft Server environments, web services, SQL/RDBMS server environments
- Knowledge about the following is meritorious
- ASP .NET MVC
- Web services / WCF
- Relational databases / SQL / ORM
- Dependency injection / Inversion of Control
- TDD / Unit testing
Work experience required
- Experience in agile methodology
- Experience in developing applications, services and/or web applications
- Minimum of 3 years of development experience is required for a senior position
- English fluency (written and oral)
- Resourcefulness, analytical skills and a high degree of technical and problem solving skills are key attributes of this individual.
How to apply
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.