Is your current network inventory implemented on top of a general-purpose inventory system?
Do you have complex and costly integrations from the inventory to other OSS functions?
Are you having problems with getting support for new device types in your network?
Values & Benefits
- Lowered cost for introduction of new devices
- Lowered cost for extension of the data model due to flexible framework
- Pre-integrated with Provisioning, Ticket Management and Monitoring capabilities
The Netadmin Resource Management capability stores all your devices and other resources. It offers comprehensive network inventory functionality in order to keep track of, and to be in control of the network components, spanning from passive equipment like fiber panels to core routers as well as datacenter entities. As opposed to several other inventory systems, the Netadmin Resource Management capability focuses on network peripherals, thus making the system more intuitive for its target audience.
Netadmin Resource Management has several advantages compared to traditional inventory solutions by being pre-integrated with the monitoring, provisioning and ticket management capabilities in Netadmin. This enables network owners to get maximum information exchange all throughout the system, without the need of complex 3’rd party integrations. All relevant information is readily available right where the user needs it, when they need it.
From an application management perspective the inventory capability is built with openness in mind, making it possible to extend the system with new device types by anyone with the proper permissions. This removes “vendor lock in” situations allowing your organization to customize the inventory capability as you see fit.
Netadmin Resource Management provides two key support-features:
- Tracking of active and passive network devices (switches, routers, patch panels etc.)
- Supporting provisioning and monitoring with the required inventory data
Examples of devices that can be stored in the Netadmin Resource Management:
- Active P2P devices: Access/distribution switches, routers, CPEs/RGWs
- PON devices: OLT, ONT
- Coax devices: CMTS, modems
- Passive network infrastructure: ODF/MDF panels
- Server infrastructure: SAN, Server, UPS
- Wireless infrastructure: Wireless AP & modems
The inventory capability manages:
- Active or passive devices with cards and ports
- Software versions, hardware versions and configuration backups
- Network topology with routes/connections and connection types between devices
- IP networks, MAC addresses, VLAN’s and more
- Sites/POP’s with coordinates and contact information